Refugees and IDP voices

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Refugee and IDP Voices:
Conflicts create refugees and internally displaced people (IDP) and these are some of the least listen to voices in a clash. True conflict resolution must take in to account the voices and opinions of the people it has misplaced.
Facts and Figures
A Refugee is:
"A person who owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country; or who, not having a nationality and being outside the country of his former habitual residence as a result of such events, is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to return to it.” [i]
In 2009 there were roughly 15.4 million refugees in the world. 45% of the refugee population is believed to be under the age of 18. Afghanistan, Iraq, Somali and Sudan are the largest refugee producing countries.[ii] [iii]
An Internally Displaced Person is:
“Internally displaced persons are persons or groups of persons who have been forced or obliged to flee or leave their homes or places of habitual residence, in particular as a result of or in order to avoid the effects of armed conflict, situations of generalized violence, violations of human rights or natural or human-made disasters, and who have not crossed an internationally recognized state border.” [iv]
There are between 26 and 27 million IDP in 55 countries in the world. Colombia, Iraq, Sudan and the Democratic Republic of the Congo have the largest concentration of IDP populations. Colombia and Sudan both contain roughly 5 million IDP the largest two concentrations of IDP on the planet.[v]



[ii]http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c206.html
[iii] http://www.unhcr.org/pages/49c3646c206.html
[iv] http://www.undp.org/cpr/documents/recovery/DefinitionIDPs.pdf

19 comments:

ihoaqe October 20, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Thank you very much for sharing this information. I like this side. Its really a great article. So please give me some important information about this side.

vacation rentals

house removals October 22, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

I glad to announce that this is seems to be most remarkable work & getting more information as possible.i am happy to hear from you guys a lot soon...

chancolislam October 23, 2010 at 1:35 AM  

I am agree to visit this site and read this post.Because this post has many important things. I am really happy for knowing this great post.


vacation homes

khantotul October 23, 2010 at 1:47 PM  

I like it very much. Its so interesting. Its a very useful article. I like the way you explain the things. Keep posting. Thanks


cleaning company

Anonymous October 27, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

I visited lot of site and read lot of article. I am really happy for this post in this site. So i always want to concentrate in this site about different article.


sports tickets

tamim041 October 27, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

As Bahame Tom Nyanduga, Special Rapporteur on Refugees, IDPs and Asylum Seekers in Africa .... IDP Voices IDPs tell their life stories – in their own words.

SEO Packages

SEO Company March 8, 2011 at 6:32 AM  

When I used to work in electroplating they sometimes encouraged us to write, but I could never come up with something as well written as that.

Term life insurance rates April 25, 2011 at 5:02 PM  

Thanks for this article. Its really a good topic. I like this side. Give me some information about this side.

640-802 May 6, 2011 at 5:21 AM  

I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. I have read most of them and got a lot from them.

asbestos lawyer mesothelioma May 7, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post, writing is simply great.

Jersey Loans May 10, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

Your site is very good. There are useful information and most importantly, for sharing great. you have posted.

Recruitment to Recruitment Dubai May 10, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

This is a very useful post, I was looking for this info. thanks for sharing the great ideas...

home textile inspection May 10, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Pretty good post.I found your website perfect for my needs. thanks for sharing the great ideas.

happy perfume June 4, 2011 at 5:17 AM  

Love the concept. I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and the time it took to post. It is extremely helpful for me.

Testking 70-640 July 10, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

good work always inspire with its innovation and creativity.

house cleaning August 26, 2011 at 5:47 AM  

Wonderful article. Very well explained. I've been wondering what exactly is a refugee for a long time, so it really is useful to me.

acting auditions October 26, 2011 at 5:52 PM  

cool read, thanks for posting

Unknown December 1, 2011 at 8:45 AM  

I am agree to visit this site and read this post.Because this post has many important things. I am really happy for knowing this great post. thank you..

Second Hand Cars October 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM  

This is a wonderful post about cars; I assume that it is going to be very beneficial for the readers since it covers some very important points about car industry.subaru impreza wrx

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP